Re: preparation regarding copyright

Right. I wasn't going to do this, but I'm saying it. I believe we're supposed to be a team, but now this is forcing my hand. I don't like naming names but here is what happened and how this very topic came about.
It was Liam who re-sparked the copyright discussion in the firstplace, by posting on the moderator list.
It was *not* Jayde. After a few posts back and fourth, it was me who posted this topic that you are reading right now.
On the list, we all agreed that some sort of stance would be required, even, grudgingly, me. I have always felt this a grey area. The audio description decision is one of the hardest I've had to face, for the past two years, not knowing what to do. Yet, I read about copyright, it says stuff about things being copyrighted 70 years after people's deaths, etc. I read about websites being hit for copyright. I started to get worried.
I contacted Richard and Sendermen, two weeks ago. I heard nothing back. We've now gotten back into a discussion on list about admins and copyright and such, and this is the result. I knew that the day of the vault thread would be coming, I just didn't know when. It has happened way more suddenly than I expected. I am also wondering if the timing, and I'm strictly speaking about post timings here, was not quite as bad as people might be making it out to be, at least not on a "ha ha let's do this" kind of level, because I seriously do not see Jayde doing that. I just don't. I wouldn't have made him admin otherwise. Instead, have any of you stopped to think about the idea that Flacrs was writing the post as Jayde was writing his at the same time, and they both got posted at similar times?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector