Re: Moving out

hopefully I don't get slapped for thread necromancy! but this topic has had a very good, clean and worthwhile history that I would like to add a few things:
For one, Its been amazingly helpful, especially since I will be in a similar situation pretty soon (will be moving out with my brother)
and already got a few things as  far as cooking goes:
1. a set of rubber pads for jars and so on, 2. a talking thermometer which should prove useful for starting out or some specific recipes, and 3. what some call a boiling control disk
This I guess would prove useful too when making everything? I am interested specifically if anyone has had experience with hard boiled eggs since I happen to find them really convenient and really good before and after a workout and also good as a protein snack. I am working on finding out what grill would be good to get and if anyone can post any product links it would be much appreciated.
And secondly, I think we can still keep on sharing some more information. I don't feel as nervous because I am not going to do this 100% alone, but keeping track of bills and the like is also a bit of a concern. Do any of you use spreadsheets and so on to keep expenses and earnings stabilized or in balance?
also, we will have a dishwasher and I think the products I just mentioned, at least the disk is dishwasher safe so all good there. In regards to cleaning or cooking or whatever other products what else do you think is important?
and out of curiosity, what is the most difficult thing you have found regarding living on your own as far as maintenance or preparation goes?