Re: Moving out

Glad your heading somewhere nice. I've not heard of those boiling pad things. over here a common item among blind people is the liquid level indicator, this is a small hook like device you can put on the edge of a cup which bleeps when liquid gets to the top, and is handy for pouring  drinks, though less useful in cooking and something I'd regard more as a convenience than a ncessity (I can  and have done without one, especially when pouring hot water into my cafetiere to make proper coffee, btw, ironically I'm quite a fan of Columbian coffee big_smile.

As I said earlier in this topic, I would also recommend a good pair of chef's oven gloves, these are what I use  put stuff in and out of the oven, and back when we had a working hobb I used them to position stuff on the top as well.

Depending upon your food preferences, I'd also suggest looking into a steamer for preparing vegitables, and maybe a wok as well for doing stir fries, since both provide really nice healthy options for making vegetables, though I confess as someone who really likes cooked vedgitables and can't stand salad, these are probably more critical for me than for some.

Depending upon your level of sight and who is responsible for the laundry, you could also consider a colour identifyer for sorting clothes, I'd also suggest looking at using washer tablets or the like rather than messing around with soap powder.

lastly, be careful about where you store things and matters such as tidiness. As a blind person, it helps to know where things go, this isn't something sighted people have to worry about, yet it can cause havoc say if tins or pots or the like are in the wrong place or if  someone leaves something lying on the floor as a trip hazard. Not that you need to be a neet freek about it (I'm certainly not), its just something to be aware of along with general issues of personal space and so on.

I actually found this aspect of things quite surprising with my lady, since I'd lived alone for a good long time, but within 24 hours of living in the same space we just clicked together, and we literally have never argued about where to put things or where someone has lost things, despite both of us being card carrying intraverts who like our own personal space, something which I honestly wouldn't have  expected to be half as easy as it was, indeed one friend of mine said it was a  to how perfect our marriage was that we both lived together in a one bedroom flat with two dogs and so little hassle. Still, I have plenty of friends, including my own brother whom I like very much, but who I certainly wouldn't ever try living with.