Re: questions about dating and atraction

Of course blind people can have standards when it comes to physical attraction. It's not talked about, but then again, it seems taboo to talk about what traits you find physically attractive these days in general, lest you be accused of fat shaming or other such nonsense. Yes, those types of things are a problem, and toxic assholes are everywhere, but come on. The SJW's need to stop applying ridiculous double standards to everything. You don't want everyone to be painted with the same brush? Fine, then don't do it yourselves. Rant over.

As I was saying, everyone is entitled to find whatever traits, whether physical, intellectual, or emotional, attractive or not based on whatever criteria they use, as long as they're not actively and deliberately trying to hurt others with their standards. Besides, this thing about all blind people being pure of heart and only going on someone's personality is crap. Some people do, I believe the term is demisexual, but that's something a sighted person can feel as well.

Finally, dating someone who already has kids would be an absolute dealbreaker for me, too, since I never want any of my own, but I often feel insecure about that choice. Women are conditioned to believe that we have a biological clock, and to not heed its siren song is akin to being a monster. Men don't have it any easier, since the reason that, on average, they have a less difficult time expressing their desires is that their biology tells them to have lots and lots of sex in order to procreate and ensure the species lives on. This, of course, has manifested itself in modern times as pride in passing on the family name, but either way, it makes me feel that, not only am I a monster and a failure for not wanting to bear the supposedly beautiful gift of a child, but also, any guy I would be with in a long-term capacity would feel emasculated because I wouldn't allow him to create a child with me. I feel that such disperity would end any relationship. My lack of success in regards to relationships would certainly seem to confirm this. I wish things were different, since it's not like we're cave dwellers anymore, so we don't need to reproduce in such abundance, but that's just how it is.