Re: slope formula or someting similar?

I would try messing with the Z angle if you are using the rotation package from Sam Tupy’s website.  This is cool in concept, but in theory it is a little more difficult to accomplish. You need to tell the difference between the tile and the staircase as the player moves.  Furthermore, you need to determine the steepness of the staircases, which will overall help to determine how fast you move down them.  That is the best advice I can give, I am sorry.