structures and utilities breaking in the 21st century

For a few thousand years, we have built houses, buildings, art, water systems, roads, and discovered more and more methods to create fire. As the centries have gone on, we have made new devices, utilities, and systems, such as plumbing, cars, and even today, computers. Today we are living in the year 2019.

We have had years and years to improve this systems, and discover new ways that are more efficient. So why in the 21st century are pipe leaks, broken syncs, air conditioning shortages, house insolation, automobile failures, unclean sewer treatment plants, broken lights, and microwave, toaster, and fridge  replacements common occurrences? Shouldn't these problems have been perfected by now? We have the technology, the math, and the past to make these inconveniences rare or never happen.

These problems are so frequent in life that it seems like there is always at least 1 or 2 of these that you have to deal with.