Re: Blastbay Studios Open Source Libraries

@31 The MIT license definitely allows you to use the code in closed source software, so that's not the issue. The issue is this line:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

This is what I was describing in my above post. It is unclear exactly what that clause requires. For example, if I write a closed source DLL that happens to make use of MIT licensed code internally, would then any user of that DLL be required to include the MIT license text simply because the DLL used MIT licensed code? It's unclear, which is why I don't like the license much.

MIT-0 which I mentioned, is basically the exact same license but with that clause removed.

@32 Most of the BGT source code was written about 10 years ago when I was first learning C++, and definitely cannot be described as well written code. It's not something that I want people to learn from, because there are much better ways of doing things and that's what I am hoping to achieve with my open source libraries.

As a side note,the LGPL is a rather restrictive license and I would never want to use it for any of my source code.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hhleon-mueller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector