Re: Blastbay Studios Open Source Libraries

@36 If I state in the readme that I will not have anything to do with the project pretty much, and that it is not a good idea to learn from it, then I don't see the project serving any purpose. I don't see what motivation there would be for keeping it online. This is exactly why I decided to discontinue BGT in the first place. Publishing the source at this point would be more than a little counterproductive, and I am not interested in doing so.

This topic was not really meant to be about BGT, its future, its internals, or anything else relating to it. My intention was to have a brainstorming topic where people could suggest ideas for self contained, easy to use, minimalistic libraries that would serve some useful purpose.

As for generating hardware ID's, there are lots of ways of doing that but none are bulletproof. The options you have also depend on what platform you are targeting, of course. Basically, try to find pieces of information about the operating system and the hardware that you believe will not change frequently, and combine them in some way.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector