Re: Blatant Character Assassination Hasn't Been Dealt With Yet

Righto, so a few things.

First, I confess that I spent a lot of the weekend playing manamon and really only reading the threads that concerned me. I'll go ahead and own that right here and now. I have to learn to check my private messages more often because after reading this thread, I saw that I had a few and I need to respond to some of them. Really wish there were some way to know when you have a new message. That's on me, guys. I apologize.

I did actually see Redfox's original thread, and was in the process of roasting him and even suggesting that a warning be levied against him, but when I went to post, I got an error, which told me the thread would be deleted. At this point, I felt much the same way Carter and Liam did (the harm had been done and essentially admitted to). I didn't like it at all, and I think it is unreasonable to assume that we're going to let rules slide just because you delete the thread. In fact, I think there's even a bit in the rules that says that thread or post deletion or editing doesn't necessarily mean you're immune to the rules you break originally.

Redfox, I have difficulty believing your "humour" was in good faith, but whether it was or not, it was in terrible taste, so thank you for admitting that and taking down the thread. It probably wasn't going to do any catastrophic harm, but it was needless. We all say and do things we shouldn't sometimes, so I hope we can learn from this.

Guys, maybe lay off DanGero a bit. If he did try to reach out to me, and I said nothing, then no wonder he thought this was being ignored. Whistleblowing is understandable if there is a legitimate issue to talk about. I do not want to start up the expectation that you can't bring valid things to our attention. The first and best way to do this is to write a report or contact one of the staff team privately though; I'd say this sort of escalation, where you make a topic and draw attention to it, should only be done if you're fairly convinced that wrong is being done and you feel the need to expose it. This should not be a hair-trigger decision.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector