Re: Blatant Character Assassination Hasn't Been Dealt With Yet

My problem is I feel like a lot of people are asking me to justify my actions, especially iron cross. I’m hoping that’s not the case, but if that is, I don’t have to justify myself to anybody. I don’t have to tell people why I do things. I do because sometimes the way I do things can come off as being whiny or entitled and I feel like explaining myself will be a good idea, but really I don’t have to and none of you guys should be expecting that out of me. Jimmy, I’m going to address some of your points here.

Jimmy69 wrote:

One reason i think that Ironcross was laying into him is because this guy has a bit of a holier than thou attitude a lot of the time. He also comes across as wanting to be a backseat moderator a fuckload. In recent topics he has made many posts and topics that come off as him feeling that he is on the same level as a moderator. For example, in the topic what games should be considered for the database, that seems like a topic a moderator should be making. I do understand that this forum is a community driven website but he seems to be pushing himself as a moderator. At the very least that is how it came across.

I definitely see where you’re coming from on this one, but I have absolutely no intentions on telling the moderators how to do their job, and I apologize if some of my posts came off that way. I make a lot of these posts to suggest ideas, I’m not trying to tell anybody what to do or how to do it. I will say that I have more of a leader ship type personality, and a lot of that leaks in my posts. Generally I’m a leader, not a follower. That’s just the way I am, and I try to keep that in check knowing that I’m not a moderator here, but inevitably some of that leadership personality is going to leak into my post, and I’m sorry if that bothers you guys, but it’s not something I can really change, and to be honest it’s not something I’m going to change. I was born a leader, and I’m not going to change that just because it bothers a few people.

Jimmy69 wrote:

He makes a lot, i mean a lot of topics where either he is asking some random question and somehow coming across annoying, or posting the in the most winy way possible. He has a method of writing that doesn't ingratiate him to anyone.

Thank you for pointing out that my writing style is unique, I definitely don’t think that but moving on… I am an open book, so I have no qualms about posting topics that apply to me and my personal life. I’m sorry that the topics I create bother people, but once again you’re just gonna have to get over that because that’s not something I’m willing to change, because it doesn’t need to be changed. There’s nothing wrong with me making topics about me and the stuff I go through. If you don’t feel like reading it or if you don’t like it, feel free to scroll past and continue with your day.

Jimmy69 wrote:

Finally another reason people may disapprove. The final reason i could see people not liking him very much. Full disclosure:

Actually I do have a good number of friends and there are a lot of people who like me, but moving on:

Jimmy69 wrote:

DanGero, you made a massive topic about how you wanted to be banned and made at least me feel bad for you. You made this whole argument about your feelings and all of that is totally okay. But then two days later your back and this whole attitude i discussed earlier shows up. You basically sit there and cry about your feelings and say you aren't coming back but then your back and posting a massive amount of topics all the time.

I made that post out of anger, and the only reason I came back is because there were a few users who suggested that I do step away and cool down for a little bit and really think about what I’m doing. That’s what I did. I stepped away and took some time to cool down, and I realized that the decision I was about to make was stupid. Then again, would it have been? I have/had a lot of good reasons for wanting to leave. Obviously I’m not going to now, but if I was going to leave I could list one good reason why it would be a good idea.
I’m honestly getting sick and tired of the constant negativity and toxicity that accompanies not only this forum, but social media in general. There were many times I wanted to take my phone, throw it out the window, and go technology free for the rest of my life; until I realized how much I depend on technology and can’t do something like that. People wonder why so many good developers have left the scene? It’s because of the constant bullshit that goes on. People can’t be happy with what they’re given. Somebody always has something to bitch about. Nobody can just be happy that the developer tried their best to release a new game that everybody can enjoy. Thanks to a lot of entitled people, now most of the audio gaming community is stagnant interms of new games being developed. I personally feel like we wouldn’t have nearly as many clones if the community have been more grateful of new games coming out. We would’ve had high-quality games, most of the developers that left would still be around. But they’re not, because a lot of people feel that it’s a productive use of their time to slam a developer for every little thing that goes wrong in their games. This doesn’t just apply to games, this applies to everything. A few months ago I had gone through a lot of shit. I had just gone through my first break up, I was coming close to the end point in my training which meant there was a lot of work piled on me all at once, And I had to face the reality that I was going to have to go back to my old home, which is a place I hate being Because there’s a lot of toxicity that goes on there too. I had to leave an environment where I was supported by a lot of people and had a lot of good friends, only to go back to a place where everybody was toxic and shit talk to each other all the time. Therefore, somebody please enlighten me on how I’m supposed to not get pissed off when I come on here and try to make the best of my situation by telling jokes, and a lot of people bash me for it? Honestly if I was back in Nebraska again, I probably would ditch social media or at least I think I would, because there I can actually go outside of my home and find some place downtown where I can socialize with people. There was literally a bar right next-door to my apartment complex where I could go and hang out with people. At the time, I didn’t need this forum, I didn’t need Twitter, I didn’t need Facebook, I didn’t need any of it. Now I’m stuck with it because there’s nowhere for me to go back here in North Carolina. I can’t go out of my house and walk to a bar and talk to people. There’s not a wall greens three blocks away. There’s not a movie theater right next-door. There’s nothing here. Just me, my dog, and my cell phone which I used to go on the forum and see everybody talk shit to each other. Therefore, I don’t want anybody to confront me on that topic I made anymore, because I won’t hear it. I already have enough shit going on in my life, I don’t need people getting upset with me for something that I did a few months ago.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector