Re: I highly Recommend the Sonus GDE

Hi.

Personally speaking, when I started my 3 year Training back in 2017 I started out in the programming branch, because i thought that this would be the right path for me to take.

Half a year later I sat down with my instructors and I made it clear that I wanted to switch over to the salesman department.

The problem i had with programming was that I had issues getting the syntax and logic into my had and using the knolledge to code something that would work in the end. And when we got to OOP with classes and all that stuff, I was completely lost, this might also come from the fact that we were never told why we should do this.
It went like, this is a class, this is a wrapper class, these are variables and constants. You go and use it now.

Well urm, the fuck?
For those who care, we started out with java.

I see the GDE and the sable game engine, to throw that one into the mix as well from both sides here.

From the programmers side both of these tools are limited, errors can't be fixed unless you have the sourcecode of the program itself and you don't have the freedom to do what you want.

From my side or the more creative side, I don't have a problem with those engines. I'm far better in designing worlds, thinking about how I want characters or quests to look like, write up a story and let the hole coding part be the work of someone who actually knows his way around a programming language or leave it to an engine that deals with the intigration so I can focus on the things I am good at.

Greetings Moritz.