Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

stirlock wrote:

One thing the developer of trimps did is put stats on separate heading levels. With screen readers, you can use the number row to jump to headings of specific levels.

I did this. Upper tabs like Stats, Traits, Prestige and Heirloom are now level 2 headings, cycle through with the 2 key, enter to select it. Middle tabs like Pack, Gear, Event and Shop are level 3 headings, cycle through with 3. Stat blocks are level 4 headings, cycle through with the 4 key. Remember that each upper tab has its own set up stat blocks. Also I made it quicker to use the inspect function. If you are using a screen reading and cycling through the level 4 headings, you can inspect just by hitting enter now. Also, the inspect results go to the event log now so you can head it again by reloading that.

dark wrote:

later on things get very draggy in terms of swapping gear around.

It would be really helpful if, instead of gear you come across automatically getting put into your backpack, there could be a "ground" section of the inventory aside from "gear" and "pack"
Any dropped items or looted items wound up there, and if you didn't like what you found there you could just move on.

Good idea, I'll try to get something like that included. The main issue with that is screen real estate for visual users. I'll have to get creative.

dark wrote:

I also notice that uba tranks and magic buries stack, which means you can pretty much snack on them as soon as you find them, so later in the  dungeon I was invincible most of the time.
It'd be nice if their uses could be made a bit more strategic, though again even when I wasn't invincible most things I was coming across were not doing anymore than one damage to me a round, which probably means I can graduate to hard difficulty for my next run big_smile.

Yeah definitely sounds like you're ready for a prestige and/or to go up in difficulty. Adding new items will help with the ubertrank/magic berry conundrum as they will become less frequent.

dark wrote:

Btw, is there an actual end point or is the game literally infinite?

It is infinite in the most basic sense. There are limits though. Eventually you would hit memory limits for storing numbers of things. Your gold/scene number and health and what not would get so big that the browser wouldn't be able to store it. I think any sane person would get bored of any game by that time though. You'd have to play constantly for a decade or so I think to hit that limit. Before that limit was hit though, you'd hit the cookie size limit because the larger your prestige bonuses are, the bigger your cookie is. Again, you'd have to get pretty far and play for a really long time.

dark wrote:

It'd also be interesting to see some more items added. I like the deck of fate with the different effects, and environmental encounters that cause things like poison, tiredness, or indeed refreshing etc would be cool, though I gather these are a fairly late edition to the game and hopefully more will be planned for them later (I've already seen one monster with a poison attack).

High difficulties unlock more environmental challenges. Sounds like I might need to add a higher difficulty level though for you hah.

aaron wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way to find out more info about the effects? While there are names such as swarm and ravage, I don't really know what that's actually doing.

I added the descriptions to the scene tool tip, inspect that and it'll explain what each environmental effect does now.

haramir wrote:

I'm having some trouble though, when connecting with firefox, I'm facing the NA thing issue Dark mentioned before, and when i try chrome, the game returns some errors. Hope it helps to find the way to squash some bugs. big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

Have you had this issue since today? Can you post your save string so I can test your save?

Other stuff, I fixed some of the gendering issues, lions can still be male or female, just due to the way monsters are named. You should no longer encounter female 'lords' or 'dukes'. I'll work on getting that squared away at some point. I also added buffs/debuffs to the health tooltip, inspect that and it'll tell you what buffs/debuffs are effecting your character and what the durations are.

Currently working on revamping the inventory system to make it easier for managing stuff at high scene numbers, adding a new environment with new environmental effects, rebalancing enemy stats at high levels, adding a few new items.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector