Re: any tips for playing pokemon

Does anyone have any idea why Pokemon games have inherently been fairly accessible outside of the whole, reading text thing? It's one of the only game series I can think of that has paid as much attention to it's sounds in the way that it has. For example: Health beeps when in the red, but in Gen 3 they improved that even more by lowering the pitch of the cry when at half health. Obviously I can understand most Pokemon having their own cry for personality sake, but it's still cool. Doors and walls make noises and text makes noise too. In Gen 4 (can't speak for Diamond Pearl or Platinum though,) terrain noises become a thing. You get the idea.
@jayde:
Yeah I don't really like what they did in HGSS with the music either. I know you used to be able to get remade version of the old chiptunes from within the game, but don't think that's a thing you can do anymore because that service was shut down a long time ago. I love what they did in Black and White with the battle music at low health, kinda wish they'd bring that back. Though I'm not complaining about the newer system where it only beeps 4 times, either. Can't speak for anything past Gen 5 though, don't have a 3DS and not really planning on it.