Re: Announce: alpha version of my Godot Accessibility plugin now available

@12 Extracting it would be tough, but fortunately the UI controls are essentially descendants of the Control node, so they're segmented off into their own tree of the project. You're probably better off working in the platform/ subtree, though, and implementing the accessibility support there. I don't think there's much utility in separating off the GUI entirely--if all you want is a completely accessible cross-platform toolkit, it's probably better to fill out accessibility implementations for WX/QT. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

@15 What would be the purpose of the live region? I suppose it could be a fallback for any browsers not supporting the _javascript_ TTS API, but the browser platform also needs Web Assembly, and I suspect the intersection of browsers supporting wasm and not the TTS API is slim to none. But maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. Can anyone confirm that this works under Windows 64-bit? I'd like to start pushing out games in a few weeks, and Windows is a target I unfortunately can't test.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chpross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chpross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector