Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

Already am. Just beat the frosty elephant.

Submenno, Grandlan, Placebot, Garganchan, Dussocket, Sacraloon.

Dussocket gets Chomp now, which I may or may not have said before. Also gets earlier Superspark once it evolves, which helps a bit. Overcharge, too, but those moves that start weak and get stronger...yeah, they kind of suck. Badly. I'd rather kill things in a hit or two than plink away for three or four hits hoping that I don't die. Hyper-offensive meta just can't stand these types of moves.
Submenno also gets Chomp, funnily enough. It also gets Aquatic Blitz and (I think) Crystal Slash, so it has some nice coverage and a yummy attack stat, plus pretty good speed. Also gets Dragon Fang, but seriously, there is nothing not named Dramegon that you will want to use that move for. Dragon is only super-effective against dragon, and you've got STAB Crystal Slash for that; stronger move, greater damage with STAB, and the very occasional Dramegon dies to Power Fang+Crystal Slash anyway. This may look like good move diversity on the surface, but it isn't.
Grandlan is just Grandlan. Ridiculous coverage that other mons can only dream of. Like seriously, now it gets Crystal Slash and freaking Conjure Sword. Now don't get me wrong. I like the Grandlan gets all these moves. Now can we see some better diversity on almost everything else? Cuz that would be pretty cool.
Also? Garganchan has more HP now, and gets Blaze Punch. Good freaking deal. It takes forever to level up, and it still gets Flame Breath/Fireball Flurry, and now also gets Elemental Breath and Diabolical Fire (seriously, who's going to use a special attacking Garganchan, Aaron?), but it still gets Earthquake, and also now gets Stone Crash to hammer air types...inaccurate, but not bad at all.
Placebot's add-ons actually make it pretty dangerous. I have the one that gives +125% attack and magic attack, and my level 50 Placebot has something like 180 attack and defense, on top of about 100 speed...so it's a touch slow on its own, even with speed investment, but it has seven move slots and gets halfway decent coverage (so far, Slash, Power Surge, Laser Arm, Iron Tackle, Hammer Head stand out). I hope it's not done learning new moves, or that might be a bit of a letdown.
Sacraloon now gets Libation, which is basically like Holy Water but better in every way. Kind of wondering why we needed another holy+water type move. Why not holy+flame move called Purging Flame? Or a holy and electric move called Judgment Bolt? Or hell, even a holy and plant move called Blessed Bloom? God, I dunno. But Holy Water+Libation just feels like you're doing the same thing over again. Kind of like Night Stick and Scourge Tail, which are almost identical. Not to mention Dark Fang and Shadow Claw, Frostbite and Frigid Touch...well, there are a few, let's just leave it there.

At this rate, I may get out of Requia in under twelve hours. I haven't precisely been taking it slow. lol The team absolutely destroys the game, which was kind of why I built it this way. Truly optimized I'd be using something other than Placebot (Fiendour? Bombusect?), but I wanted to give the robot a fair shake.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Estint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zoroko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Estint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector