Re: shadow rine full voice version released

Well, people have already seen my review on the game. I can understand why Seal reviewed it the way he did, there are a lot of things I want to see in games as well. There are a lot of games I'd absolutely love to play, like Diablo, Skyrim and Fable, as well as pretty much any JRPG ever made. But the fact of the matter is, we can't play those games, and our only options for seeing them are either to watch a playthrough or get someone sighted to play with us. I suppose for some of them we can fumble around and try to play, but that seems even less appealing to me. So personally, this game gave me an experience I have never had before. I've beaten a few good RPGs with my brother when we were younger, I've fought some battles on RPGs and played some fighting games. I even completed Dissidia: Final Fantasy on my own, only needing help equipping abilities. But Shadow Line is the first real JRPG that I was able to win with no help from anyone sighted at all. On top o f that, the storyline and the ending especially are so impressive that they're easily on par with some mainstream games I've seen. I'd go so far as to compare them to Final Fantasy, but they'd need a little more character development for that I think. Audio quality does not matter to me even one tiny bit, it's all about the gameplay and plot. And even though there are some things Shadow Line is missing, like strategic bosses and weapon combos, it doesn't need all that complexity. Not every game needs to have customization, tons of weapons and items to collect and the most amazing combat system ever to be good, at least not in my opinion. And on top of that, I'm sorry, but saying that Shadow Line isn't an RPG, or isn't a typical RPG is just flat out wrong. All a game needs to be an RPG is some kind of stat to raise. RPG games are all about building statistics, whether simple or complex. Even BK2 is still an RPG. I know people have started calling these action or adventure games with RPG elements, but to me there's no difference. An RPG is usually an adventure game anyway, and they range everything from very simple like interactive fiction games with combat systems, Dragon Warrior or the first Final Fantasy, to games with a lot of complexity like Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger. Even Final Fantasy VII isn't that complex, especially not in terms of combat. You have a few characters, a few minigames, a semi-realtime combat system and some things to collect, and of course shops. But the focus was definitely on the plot and character development, and it's regarded as one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I'm sure that the guys over at Galaxy Laboratory will get better in time and make even cooler games in the future. But for now, Shadow Line is good enough for me, and for most others, I think.

Haramir, I understood what you were saying, but I still disagree. I did forget about the soldiers, and prob ably some other things as well. But I guess my question is, what exactly would you do? The world is very small and the focus of the game is to stop Rudolph from destroying it. I'm just having trouble picturing an online game where you play as a soldier that can be cut down easily by anyone with any kind of power, or a faerie from a race that doesn't seem to have any kind of magic and just seem to be small flying creatures. It'd be like trying to adapt entombed into an online game, only I think that'd actualy work better. At least in that case you could cooperatively control a party or something.

  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ambro86
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ambro86
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: faelnar.christopher
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: seal
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: assault_freak
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ambro86
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Haramir
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ambro86
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Haramir
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ambro86
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ambro86
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: dd