Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable (video 13), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi,

@number 362, pleased you enjoyed the latest video. Thanks for the words of support towards the project, your post comments are exactly why we built Sable as we know there are a wealth of talented individuals  within the audio games community, not everyone can code  and hopefully Sable gives those people the tools to turn their own ideas and stories into games we can all play and enjoy. So again, thanks for the comments from yourself and others who have posted similar comments or messages of support as  these are all really appreciated from the whole team and can be really motivating to see people so excited about the project. As for your suggestion, that’s a really good idea, I don’t think it would be difficult to code in either but I think would be a powerful sable tool, I was thinking of something similar for abilities to disarm traps that the party members encounter in game. As ever I can’t promise it will make it into this version of Sable, but it’s definitely a good idea and something I’ll have a play around with. I think the biggest issue would  be that of keeping track of which abilities/skills open which doors in case a creator decides to delete an ability which is linked with unlocking a specific door and therefore leaving that door inaccessible  as its related ability/skill was deleted by the creator, but I don’t think this would be a huge issue just something I’d need to consider  the best way of implementing to prevent users deleting an ability/skill in their game which affects doors that ability unlocks  which have already been placed in game

Thanks for the idea

Paul

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mmaslo1124 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector