Re: I need some advice with school.

@Jayde, I too was mainstreamed in all senses.  I actually think I did better than most.  I was a stellar student who would have graduated the absolute top of my class if my counselor hadn't had his favorites.  No, that's not necessarily who I wanted to be; it's just who I ended up being.
And because that's who I ended up being I was shunned for it by most of my classmates; indeed the nail in the coughin was an incident during the senior year when the guy who ended up being the number 1 kid in the class in just about everything was reprimanded by our English teacher and told that, and I quote, "You should take lessons from Andrew; he doesn't flower his writing just to try and impress me with his vocabulary; he just writes!"
The sad thing is that the teachers gravitated toward me just because of who I was, putting a huuuuge keepaway sign by far and large.  Breaking out of it meant getting into trouble at times just to disappoint them.  I was smart enough, however, to know a few things that were, sadly, all mentioned by post 3.  I didn't care about football, trrending pop icons, teen sensations, the latest movies, sitcoms, and just about everything else the in-crowd cared about.  What made it worse were all the little cliques that flocked together.
As it turned out?  Older people were my friends.  Metal was my music of choice, but the metalheads wouldn't take me because I didn't look like them, dress like them, talk like them, bla bla bla.  Besides, while they were stuck listening to the US processed cheese I was branching out into everything else.  They didn't like that either; how dare you listen to German, Finish and Norweigion stuff we can't understand?  Why aren't you wearing a Slipknot shirt with filthy maggot this or that on it!
so the best thing that could have happened to me personally was graduating.  I put all that nonsense behind me and never looked back.  My best friends didn't come from HS; they came from all around the globe.  I set my sights on bigger things and succeeded in not feeling so alone for the better part of my life.  That's why post 2 exists.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BrendanGriesel1 via Audiogames-reflector