Re: I need some advice with school.

I can completely relate to this, although I wasn't really bothered by it. My primary objective in school was to get through the bullshit and be done with it, so I devoted myself to just that. Of course, it didn't help that I had no interest in any of the clubs, events, etc.

I think the problem is the combination of I'm blind and most people don't interest me anyway, and the fact that I'm not a very sociable or a "I have to get out and do things" person. Truth be told, the only thing I really want is one person I can fully relate to and don't get bored spending time with. I don't need or want to be part of a group, in fact I hate groups in general. I find it extremely difficult to connect with people over the long term. Sure, I can do casual small talk, but it's not fulfilling. s I said, the truth is most people don't interest me. I don't care about music, sports, drinking, gambling, fashion, celebrities, talking about politics (for obvious reasons), traveling, and a host of other things most of the population does.

All I can say is don't let it bother you too much. As was said in post 2, you have your whole life ahead of you, and so do I. High school is a joke, but if you actually manage to meet at least one person, that's great. Just don't let it bother you too much if it doesn't happen. If it helps, try finding a club to join. I hope this works out better for you than it did for me. I had absolutely no interest in any of the clubs offered, because none of them were really about computers. The only exception was some sort of animation design course, but that obviously doesn't benefit totally blind me. As I like to say, there's no telling what the future holds.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BrendanGriesel1 via Audiogames-reflector