Re: News from Freedom Scientific

I completely agree with Nocturnus. I'm sure there was a time when Henter-Joyce and JAWS were really innovative and important, but the business practices and lack of innovation from the company I have observed over the past few years leave a very sour taste in my mouth. NVDA is very capable and if Microsoft continues their efforts with Narrator, every Windows computer in the world will come with a high quality screen reader. There is absolutely no reason not to use NVDA and/or Narrator in the workplace.

As I've said time and time again, the only environment I can consider using JAWS in is if you need an application scripted. Then again, this is a band-aid solution. The developer should really work to make the program fully accessible. It will be interesting to see where Vispero is in 10 years.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector