Re: News from Freedom Scientific

I completely agree with Nocturnus. I'm sure there was a time when Henter-Joyce and JAWS were really innovative and important, but the business practices and lack of innovation from the company I have observed over the past few years leave a very sour taste in my mouth. NVDA is very capable and if Microsoft continues their efforts with Narrator, every Windows computer in the world will come with a high quality screen reader. There is absolutely no reason not to use NVDA and/or Narrator in the workplace. Please don't come back wit the open source argument. Tell that to all the companies that use Linux.

As I've said time and time again, the only environment I can consider using JAWS in is if you need an application scripted. Then again, this is a band-aid solution. The developer should really work to make the program fully accessible. It will be interesting to see where Vispero is in 10 years.

Regarding the question about people accepting Vispero's monopolistic practices, I don't know. The only thing that comes to mind is that this is the only option people are aware of. They don't consider that other solutions exist so go along with it because it's the *only* solution, therefore we must deal with it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector