request for opinions on an audiogames network

Hello all (especially audiogame developers),
I was considering writing an audiogame server for speed of sound gaming games, so that people playing our games could view scoreboards from within the game, chat to people playing the game they're playing (or other games), and other features as needed. My question to everyone is:
Is this something people would want? That to audiogames players, and to developers. A similar question:
Is this something you would use? If I were to make this public outside of my own games I would give a library and header files (most likely for c and/or c++, maybe with others eventually as I figured out how to make them big_smile) and then have you register a company/admin account on my server so you could add games, add other info, etc. It would hopefully be as simple as possible for the developer to add this to their games, for example:
Add library/header files, build. Then at certain key points in the game, send something like: logon(username, ...), then receive_message(...), etc.
Everything would be controled through the sending of messages. Many of these messages would be easily put together by simply calling something in c like: send_chat(username/*the username of the person*/, message, /*any other details, like send to other games, maybe a game key, game password, etc*/);
So as you can see, all it would really require would be calling a specific function at a certain time to send a chat, ask for  a list of people online, ask for scores, etc.
Again: Would this be something an audiogamer would like to use? And would this be something a developer would implement in their games?
Thanks all, I'm trying to get an idea of how popular this would be, as even if I use it for my own games, if not written with multiple companies in mind it would not be as easy to add more game companies to t he network without a re-write.
-Michael, Speed of Sound Gaming.