Inaccessible Ubuntu desktop

Hi folks,
after some time, I am again taking a Linux journey, to have fun and learn some new things, but also for few practical purposes with my projects.
I have reinstalled the whole thing on my vm with the fresh, just few days old Ubuntu 20, as I have forgotten password to the previously installed Ubuntu 19.
Everything works fine, I really like the balance of Ubuntu between being powerful, but foolproof at the same time.
There is just one strange thing, which seemed to be weird to me also in Ubuntu 19. The problem is, that the system's desktop is completely inaccessible.
I can comfirm using ocr outside of vm, that it is there, I can see the icons, but Orca doesn't recognize them.
When I navigate to ~/Desktop/, I can see my own files and folders there. System icons are not visible there either, I guess because they are hidden.
I found somewhere, that they need to be executable, but setting them as so with chmod didn't help, thus I guess that wasn't related to screenreaders accessibility.
Therefore I would like to ask guys, who are regular Ubuntu users, or have experienced this issue, is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?
I don't miss the desktop much as I mostly work with terminal or some app, but it's weird when all windows are closed and I can't move anywhere, it seems like the computer was frozen, until I launch at least one window.

Thanks!

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : serrebi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector