Re: For a Change of Pace, an Angry Book Review

Oh, Doctor Who only has to do with it insofar as I have a bunch of friends who love it to bits. I've never been able to get into it, for reasons I'll only get into if anybody cares and I'm sure they don't, I mean unless you like a good rant because I generally try to make those funny too. So it's just one of those things where I'm pretty out of step with lots of people I know. They love it and I can't fathom how in the world they're into it at all. So it's just another one of those things where I'm going, OK, yeah sure, the rancher and the city slicker hate each other on sight so of course they're married by the end of the book, OK, sure, you meet Robin Hood but they're all robots, whatever dude. But basically the one thing I've learned from Doctor Who is this, sorry, two things.

1. If you mess up the name, you will generate white hot nerd rage. Somebody made a post once, and gods I wish I'd saved it, about how he's not Dr. Who or The Dr. or a few other variations, he's *The Doctor*! There was a lot more nerd rage but that was the main point that had them wanting to strangle somebody. I wanted to pat them on the head and give them a cookie.

2. Yes, I get it. You're British, you live on an island, and you're terrified of the sea. That's the only explanation I have for evil sea creatures showing up all over the place.

Oh and extra bonus content:

3. Space whales. Enough said.

But see like furries and BDSM and porn and all, I try not to judge people. I try to have fun with it you know? Some people like romances, I don't much. Some people love Dr. The Who, I don't. There's probably all sorts of things I'm into or do that people would think are dumb or some sort of problem. So sure I have opinions, don't we all? But so long as it's all consensual and not truly hurting somebody in practice, and obviously fantasy in fantasy, as opposed to a possible indication of some sort of danger, I say let people do whatever gets them through the day. That includes critiquing bad writing, naturally.