Re: Let's Build an RPG!

I'm vaguely curious: do you have any examples of story or anything? Would rather not hunt through 50 posts to find out, but feel free to say it's in post 37 or something.

It's kind of hijacking the project a little and it's so far from relevant at the moment that it's not funny, but I am slowly meandering my way toward a first person MMO, a sort of mashup between Swamp-style controls, hack and slash, and World of Warcraft style UI on top of an engine that looks a bit like moo and/or lpmud (not in the telnet sense, in the how do you build levels sense).  We're at least 3 tech projects which probably have to all be written by me away from audiogames really even having the ecosystem to do what I want, but assuming I get that far I suck at story and eventually I'm going to need people/ideas/etc involved who don't suck at those things, and maybe what you've got in mind aligns with what I've got in mind.  I've got ideas for gameplay and mechanics, a little bit of an idea as to setting, and I'll probably bother to turn them into something concrete later on, but my attempts at story are...well, very programmer.