Re: I have a deep desire to build higher quality games for blind people.

I don't think there's much I can say that hasn't already been said, other than "Yay! Hopefully more comes of this than my akrasiatic flailing!"

Swamp, Entombed, Shadow Line, and the Bokurano Daibouken trilogy make up the bulk of the audio games that get anywhere near mainstream quality, though there might be a number of runners up. (My vision started out crappy-but-enough-to-play-Mario, then got worse, so I have a hard time sticking with games that don't approach those standards. So Aprone's games and the Japanese games are most of what I play. And my games, of course, but they aren't as fun for most people as they are for me, for a number of reasons but mostly because I usually code for myself first then try to make it user friendly on top of that, which is as terrible a strategy as it sounds. tongue )

I'd like seeing more games th at use more innovative i/o, though I don't have many interesting i/o devices personally (I have a couple PS1 controllers, a keypad, a trackpad, speakers/headphones and a 40-cell braille display).
Also, I think innovation in terms of input is probably an ok idea anyway. Aprone finally made the mouse relevant with Swamp (but he tried before that with Daytona and the Book of Gold, which I suddenly feel could use a renaissance...); experimenting with something new in that department can do nothing worse than fail, right?

I've reread my post and am struck by how incredibly narcissistic I sound, so I'll leave it here and wish you the best of luck! big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector