Re: I have a deep desire to build higher quality games for blind people.

Hello GameDev!
Let's get onto your questions...

1: swamp, Road to Rage, and 3d velocity.
In three of these games, You have high quality sounds, high quality development and code, and great excitement.
Many audio gamers might disagree with me, But If you want my opinion, Except these one that I mentioned, there are really not great audio games out there. As you know  an audio game means that all the pictures come by audio, thus the pictures need to be in great high quality, and accurate at the same time.
It's hard to achieve this by audio, but It is achievable. If you do a search, you realize that even video games that were developed in  2004-2005 has better sounds that audio games do these days. Though We should consider the fact that Those games were developed by very big companies with lots of budget in there hands.
Now, we have also games that Audio quality really doesn't matter, but the complexity really does. Games like tactical battle, and entombed.  Like world of warcraft and dwarf fortress, the audio games that I mentioned are amazing to play do to high complexity, but they don't need to have high quality sounds.

For Japanese audio games, I have no idea about them. I really do not have the time to learn a fourth language, or install 5 little programs to  try and fiddle with a game.

2: I'm still in surprise that why no one has made a single game that could have voice commands. People who are blind can speak, can hear!
They can command their troops, their ally, their co-pilot, their units by voice, and many many more exciting possibilities can come by voice commands, though I wonder what keeps developers from  developing such games.
lack of profession? lack of money?

3: That could be a great idea, but I personally do not like touch screens.  down with touch screens for ever~

4: As many keys as it takes! Look at how  popular the game "Swamp" is?
Because it uses the full-featured keyboard+mous usage for blind people, the thing that  the entire PC gaming community refuse to go after consoles just because of it.

I hope I could give you the info you needed.
Cheers
Hadi

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector