Re: Interest in accessibility being added to music making hardware

@16 Nah, you got a point. I do wonder however if they're even aware that there are people that want to use their machines with visual disabilities. Native Instruments is making strides, if I can get a whole bunch of people to send them emails basically saying "We want to invest in your products, we are a market you might be missing out on" I think we could make at least a little bit of a difference.
Maybe heads over there know about this kind of thing but aren't sure how many others would be interested, I think it would make more of an impact reaching out to them then a couple of reps going around on forums looking for feedback.
As far as I know Akai hasn't even made a single statement regarding accessibility features at all.
I think more blind people do music than people with any other disability, personally.
Regarding the applets to change settings, those are definitely a pain in the ass. That's how you would accomplish midi mappings on my keylab mk2, but it's not really accessible at all. Same with Focusrite control, the software for my audio interface. I really need to get someone to do some snapshots for me, so I can at least load those up. I want to monitor all the inputs directly because I can't do it through Reaper without a little bit of latency and my buffer is set to 64 ms.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector