Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

All three are strains of the same virus, so no, I think they are very much equally qualifiable. Both were declared pandemics, though on a smaller scale, and both died down eventually. So yes, that question does respectfully remain on the table for me. As for these regulations being the new norm for years to come ifa vaccine isn't found? I'm sorry, but that's extreme. We can't stay like this forever. And this isn't just about mask wearing. There are people who will say that limitted travel, social distancing, and zoom meetings are the best way to go moving forward if no vaccine is found. Seriously? All the pandemics in history, and this is the one we pick to clamp down and shut down the whole world? I'm no means one of the people who refuse to follow regulations point blank, but I do think there is a limit to either extreme. Reopening too soon is a mistake, but equally as bad a mistake is for the world to say that until a vaccine is found, this will be the new norm. We've got through worse pandemics, and those were times before we have the means at our disposal now to survive, whether a vaccine is found or not.