Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

It's not funny, it's typical. This thread has been an absolute clinic for how to dismantle right-wing attacks on the Covid-19 pandemic, and on the wearing of masks, and on conspiracy theories, bad science and cherry-picked data, if I do say so myself. Accman has very, very rarely admitted when he was wrong, or had spoken in error. He just skates off in another direction when the ice gets too thin under his feet.

Case and point. He didn't acknowledge his Fauci attack as busted either when I pointed out that the man is hardly a hypocrite when he needs to drink water to survive. Now, we could have an honest chat about why exactly Fauci needed to be at a baseball game in the first place...but remember what I said about traps? Yeah, there's one there, too, because Trump is apparently going to be attending a baseball game in August. Personally, I don't have a huge problem with a few folks getting to see baseball games so long as they keep their distance and use proper protocols when that distance isn't possible. We don't want stadiums full of people, but a few dozen scattered throughout the stands, I'm generally okay with. Again, though, we could debate this; you could make the argument that nobody, regardless of their rank, should enjoy this privilege, and that argument holds water. Of course, it would also exclude Trump, so I doubt it would fly. Fauci I at least trust to be careful around other people; Trump, I absolutely don't. I practically guarantee you that if he sits in at a baseball game, he won't be wearing a mask, and Accman will probably defend his behaviour instead of working too hard to condemn it.

This has bad faith sprayed all over it, really.