Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Ethan, I am not asking for a hundred percent guarantee that I won't get the virus or be able to spread it. I never said that, so please do not make it look like I did. I would never advocate that idea because I know there is no one hundred percent guaranteed way that this thing can be kept from spreading. All I am saying is that I will not put my life on hold or have it held hostage just because people are getting sick and/or spreading this virus, that disease, or anything else for that matter. It is a virus, not a nuclear bomb, and we need to start remembering that.

turtlepower, you made a heck of a good point in your last post. Social distancing is a term that should have never been used here. We've actually been a socially distanced people for some time now what with social media and things like that. However, this is insanity, and one would have to be mentally insane to accept what is going on right now as some sort of new normal. Physical distancing is the term I agree ought to have been used in this time, but the experts, for whatever reason, chose to implement the use of the term "social distancing" right from the get-go. I've seen where over usage of these various apps has changed people, and not necessarily for the better. I have noticed people who would normally be good at focusing on the business at hand, whatever that might be, seem to have much more trouble with it now since they get so wrapped up in the latest gossip. I once had it happen where I was trying to get someone's attention. They were right in the same room with me and I had to try at least four different times before they even finally seemed to get that I needed them for something. This social distancing we're practicing now, as you say, is going to really mess things up for a long time. People might not be willing to see that now, but some of those same folk are already conditioned for it.

kjsisco, well said, I couldn't agree more. However, it seems to be very unpopular notion to a lot of folks here now. they'll get it soon enough I hope. I don't know you, but I do hope you continue to stay well and live life to the fullest.

Jade:
1. You have enough time to continue to force you're view, so don't give me that garbage.

2. That point regarding sighted folks was meant to illustrate a point and nothing more. So, don't you attempt to dodge it just because you think your wearing a mask is the right thing to do. For some of us, it just might happen that it isn't, so again, for the umpteenth time, do for yourself what you think necessary and leave it at that. I'll ask a question. If you were out somewhere and you found that someone wasn't wearing a mask, would you report them? Would you play the part of a snitch and tell on them?

3: Where in the hell did you get the notion that I was saying, or even implying, that 0 was greater than one. I think we're dealing with someone here who is so worked up over this mask thing, that all common sense is lost. I never said that, and don't appreciate what your idea implies very much. However, given the so-called philosophy by which you view things, I can honestly say that I saw that coming a mile away.

4: Same goes here. If you make a choice, you have to deal with it. You were willing to make that choice, so face the consequences of it without complaining about it. I mean, if people heard you complaining about it, they might suddenly think that maybe it isn't a good idea after all. That point you were trying to make by using the illustration of have a less than desirable job commute doesn't even apply, and I'll tel you why. When you have a job, and if it happens to be one of the only ones you can get at the time, then you have no choice as it either comes down to getting there and doing it or not doing so and being unable to pay your bills. This is an entirely different situation and you know that as well as I do. Here, with this mask situation, we have a choice in the matter. If it did become a lwaw, not a mandate but an actual law, then I might be willing to obey it. However, it isn't, at least not here in the United States, so I am making the choice not to do it. If you choose to do something, then you have to be willing to accept what comes along with it. You'll say "Oh, but I had to do it". No, you didn't. You're not some robot that has to do whatever the controller wants you to do at any given time. If my reputation is shot because of that, then I'd say it doesn't speak well with those that I am talking to because, just I've said in the past, I am not the one who would seek to make people do something against their will. I am informing, and if ever I did come across as harsh it was because I felt I was being personally attacked. I have made a mess of nothing because I'm not the one out there making everyone afraid of what could or may happen. I am taking precautions that I am willing to take, and that's the extent of it. I am sorry if that doesn't jive with your view of things, but that's how it is. Please understand that I mean no personal disrespect to you or anyone here for that matter in any of this.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector