Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Accman, I've said before and will say again: your anger, your frustration, is perfectly understandable. I am fortunate in that this pandemic didn't ruin my career. I pointed out to you that I don't think it ruined yours either, honestly, but it definitely threw you a curve you weren't expecting. I do get that, and I do get how it can result in a lot of anger.

But be bigger than your anger. Don't make excuses for bad behaviour because you're angry. You are still responsible for what you do.

If you want to just take a stroll in the great outdoors, don't wear a mask, particularly if you're not in a huge city and aren't likely to come across people.
If you go into a grocery store, mask up. Do it for your own safety and for the safety of those around you, including your loved ones. If you accept that masks do help a bit, then you are increasing your safety a bit at virtually no cost to you besides some annoyance and short-term discomfort. Perhaps you feel that your anger and personal hardship permit you to simply ignore the loss and personal hardship around you, but that's simply not the case.

Incidentally, one of my favourite hang-out spots, a little bar about ten minutes from me, just opened the other day. They actually will sell you a mask for two dollars, but won't let you in otherwise unless you bring your own. I think this is a great idea. They get to be open, they maintain more safety than if everyone were unmasked, and since most people will hopefully bring their own anyway, the two-dollar charge is just to cover you if you forgot. And hell, two bucks is the same as you'd pay for an iced tea or a glass of Pepsi or something, so it's not going to break the bank.

Another fun fact: you can get reusable cloth masks for cheap, and as long as you wash them between uses, you can get a lot of mileage out of them. It's not a back-breaking expense to anyone. Interesting question for you to consider, however. You want people to send you masks in bulk, say that you might wear them if they were paid for and provided. Well, where is that money coming from? Why is it that you ask where the money comes from when it's an initiative you don't like, but you simply think it will materialize if it suits what you're after?
Truthfully, I don't know how expensive it would be to make sure all citizens got masks, but if it was feasible without totally exploding infrastructure, I'd say go for it. At that point, you really do have no excuse.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector