Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

I think we're seeing, more and more, that the government isn't some machine full of Investiture and can just make everything better. The government is full of people, and people can be greedy, uncaring, mean-spirited, and just plain useless as a worker. Trump just makes it look all the worse, a highlight to the corruption. Eventually, we're going to have to demystify it all: the government, media, science, all the "experts" and such. It's not magic, and I hope that one day we as a people demand answers and to actually be a part of being governed. Right now, from at least my point of view, so much of all this is just a "black box" of oats to many people. They've not been raised to check facts, do research, or anything, so they let whichever side of politics they're on guide them. Fox News, CNN, all have their slants and biases. I don't think that, as humans, we can be without bias when talking about a subject we really care about, unless we're doing technical writing, and even then we choose words based on how we feel about the subject. It's just how it is.

I've so far met two people who personally have lost their jobs due to Covid. And both of them aren't well supported by the community, and definitely not by the government. It makes my formerly very conservative, stony heart break apart just imagining going without feel for days, or not having enough to feed children, and knowing that I have so much: a home, Instacart for food, steady pay from a government job. So I help them how I can, probably more than I need to, but shoot, I don't even use that much money, so it's well worth it helping at least a few people continue to freaking live while the government prances around asking Facebook and Google if they sensor conservatives, while not even giving Apple a slap on the wrist for not officially allowing side loading of apps, and not giving people the money they need to buy food, or shoot just even sending food directly. But of course, the right have their talking points, and the left have their's. Just like freaking robots, sticking to their script, predictably growling at each other but just for show.

I hope that at some point, the people realize that it doesn't take a scientist, or a genius, or any of that to be President. Really, all it takes is a person with a good heart, who wants to actually freaking help instead of putting on a show. Because Republicans are stone cold with their supposed facts and rage at Democrats, and Democrats are all about passion, but they aim it at those they disagree with instead of aiming it at helping people, most of the time. Sometimes they manage to get something done, and they finally have something they can crow about for a while. But both parties are bullcrap, and I can't wait to see someone come in who actually cares.