Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Definitely. But, the unemployment has ended, because as usual, the government can't agree on anything because everything just *has* to be political. Nothing can be agreeable to both sides. America divides. And, woefully, neither side is right, and those who are trapped on one side or the other, just shout and ring their hands at each other and nothing gets done, while China and Russia just laugh. They don't even have to do much to get us all riled up. Just ship over a few bricks, some seeds to see how we do, and we're all up in arms at each others' throats again.

I mean, even on the masks thing, there's the side that says they won't wear a mask because ma freedom, and there's the side that says you must obey, wear a mask or else. We can't just be peaceable and quiet about it and just not fight. As we become more and more lonely because of being physically apart, as we become more depressed, we should be working together, looking hard at each other's viewpoints and viewing each other as humans, as fellow people deserving of respect, not shooting down each other and treating one another like we're some lower life form. That's how Nazism took off, because to them the Jews were just about animals. And neither the Trump supporter or the Alt-Left liberal are animals. They both are humans, and should be equally treated with care and respect and warmth. Maybe with that outlook we can understand each other, smile at each other with kindness even if we vote differently and think that either justice or mercy should be emphasized in government. Do we really want to live in a world where one must hold certain believfs or be outcast? Because that will be a world in which more and more and more types of people are outcast, and I dare say that there would be a time when all of us wouldn't be left, or right, enough to be acceptable to the "more holy than thou" crowd.