Re: pissed off about accessibility guides

Daigonite, help me out here.

Can you be clear on exactly what you're after here? I sense that you're angry and fed up, and I get that, at least to some extent. But from my limited perspective, you're sounding a lot like there is no real solution that works. You're upset with what looks to me to be a pretty fair attempt at accessibility (Naughty Dog, as one example), and I'm a bit confused as to why.

I'm not in the habit of assuming other people's disabilities, but I am also not in the habit of tolerating it from others. For instance, you claim that PTSD is not helped by trigger warnings (i.e., they're sort of pointless). For some people, that's absolutely true. However, from my study of the disorder, it appears to manifestly uniquely among sufferers, to the extent that there is literally no one-size-fits-all solution in cases like this. The same must also be true for other disabilities.

So I feel like I'm missing something. This is a good-faith attempt for me to understand exactly what you want here. Don't tell me what you're sick of. Don't tell me what's wrong. Tell me what you want done right. Focus on the solution, because you are an intelligent person and I want to see what you're getting at.
Right now, I absolutely don't, and you're making me cringe pretty hard throughout this thread. But rather than condemn you, I want to understand you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector