Re: interactive fiction game, inside woman, anyone beat it?

Yes, you could use WinFrotz for this, but every Z-Code interpreter works. I've recently switched from classic interpreters like WinFrotz or Filfre (where you have to use object nav or the Jaws cursor) to Lectrote. Lectrote combines all the most important interpreters (for Z-Code in all versions, Glulx and Hugo etc.) in one single program. It opens in a browser window, so you can use your screen readers web commands to navigate easily.

Inside Woman is a spy/dystopian story set in a huge city which is located completely indoors. The chinese send in a spy to check out what thei're doing inside and what the research department is working on. This is an Andy Philips game, and Philips is known for huge games with painfully hard puzzles. I love big puzzlers in Interactive Fiction, but if that's not your thing and story is more important than puzzles for you, then I would pick something else.

If you want to test out Lectrote, it's open-source and can be downloaded from Github here
Inside Woman is on the Interactive Fiction Database, here
I hope that helps you and is not too verbose. I just don't know how familiar you are already with IF smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector