Re: One of the saddest documentaries I have ever watched. What do you thin

I could never watch @OP's original documentary.  My grandfather went through it all.  I saw him go from what I imagined was slightly scatter brain to... I don't even know the word for it.  There were nights when he'd wake up and you knew he was lucid and crying out to God to get him out of it, to help him escape it.  During the day, you'd try to talk to him and... I wept every time I heard him.  It scared me in ways you could not imagine because of how I knew him to have been before all of that really took effect.
He lay in that state for the better part of five years, just getting worse and worse.  He couldn't remember us, couldn't remember having children, couldn't remember where he was or how he had gotten there.  If you didn't spend a lot of time with him, you would not be able to truly understand what he was saying.  He went from being a healthy, hard working man who was strong as a bull, to skin and bone, unable to feed himself, go to the bathroom or pretty much anything else.  My grandfather passed away last year and in many ways I'm thankful.  His existence was no fun for him and I know it.  to sit and aimlessly stare, to have moments of time when he knew he was not all he used to be and all he wanted to be, to have to live as if he were a fully grown baby, requiring constant attention from everyone around him, unable to truly communicate, unable to always remember, unable to recognize or fully understand like he used to... I can't go on writing anymore.