Re: So i've just finished reading neverwhere and its amazing

If I have braille available, I prefer it. But, uh, usually I don't, so I'm happy to grab audio. I also read as I go to sleep, it's something I've been doing for well over half my life, and I love doing it. I don't necessarily -need to do it, but I enjoy it. There's also something very comforting in audiobooks, if they're well-narrated or you particularly enjoy certain narrators, as I do. Of course, then there are the duds (Roy Dotrice, I'm looking sadly in your direction...)

My only gripe with the Stormlight Archive is that I feel like the characters have "levelled up" a little bit too much, especially for how long the series is going to get. It's wonderfully grim and complex, the characters are mostly very good, and there's tons of culture and good worldbuilding...but yeah, great epic fight of epicness is not my favourite trope, and Sanderson loves it. I don't think Sanderson is god either, but he's pretty good, and most of what I've read from him, I like.
Sanderson's Mat in WoT started out bad, but eventually became great. I also absolutely love the way he expanded further on Egwene, Faile, Perrin and Nynaeve in particular. Nynaeve got really one-note through the middle of the series, IMO, and Sanderson helped that. Also, you can tell that the Pevara storyline is almost all Sanderson. Heh.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector