Re: Music Separation Website Idea

@8
I'd stay away from Azure in general.  I have yet to hear good things about it from anyone at all ever.  They're a good enough VPS provider, but I'd definitely go with one of the more mature (read: AWS or GCP) offerings for something like this that's going to be doing dynamic scalability and using all those wonderful cloud-specific technologies.

Pay as you use is worse though, at scale, and if you don't know what you're doing.  Can't name names,but I've got at least one story about how someone did something very similar to what was being proposed here and blew through double-digit thousands of dollars in 12 hours due to that pay-as-you-go bandwidth pricing (the lesson for me: if someone promises that they're really sure on what it's going to cost, I should always check it no matter how qualified the other person).

Practically speaking, if we're going to be running sizable neural nets, then one of the big cloud providers is the only option.  Google wins out though, in a case like this, as I believe they give you access to their TPUs, which are a massive cost saving.  But no matter how you slice it, what a project like this turns into is "how many preemptible VMs with GPUs can I get, and is there an API to buy more as needed?".

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : StormProductions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : StormProductions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahedee via Audiogames-reflector