Re: Seriously, what is it you guys want?

@71: "Neither was Swamp." well, if I'm being pedantic, the first version of Swamp was tossed together as a small Halloween thing, and it exploded when Aprone added multiplayer. But even then, he was using things he'd been working on before (radar and navigation prototypes, originally made for a head-tracker that sorta-kinda turned into the See Munkey), so yeah, you're right.

Crisnorman wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is I imagine it's easier to create something spectacular-looking with a little bit of code than it is to make something spectacular-sounding with the same amount of code.

And we have a winner.
Graphics? Open Paint, and you can at least make retro-style graphics in an afternoon. Sound? Hope it's after 2015 and you can download stuff from online archives, because making audio is nowhere near as point-and-click. NCH's tone generator was OK, at one time, especially combined with Wavepad for editing. Then they broke both of those (and Wavepad kept eating my data anyway), and Audacity doesn't quite cut it ... and those are for really simple synthy stuff.

And I think there are Paint-level tools available for 3d graphics, now. So any idiot with a computer and good vision can toss together something decent in an hour. Maybe they'd be editing some stock assets, idk. Do we have stock sounds we can edit in a useful way? You can make graphics look a little weird, and still be recognizable. Screw with a sound, and you might wind up with something so alien you need a Learn Game Sounds menu to have any hope of recognizing it. If you're doing something like, say, Manamon, you can use this in a way that fits well with the product. If not, well, now you're just collecting assets.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector