Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

So I'm doing my own form of challenge. Well, not really a challenge I guess. Three mons of a single type only, namely sound, in the form or Rhythmond, holy in the form of the holy squirrel monk, and shadow, in the form of Duskond. The other three team members ar dual types and none of them can deal with magic. I swapped out Frenrir for Submenno, kept Ursinerator and I'm thinking of getting the magnet jacket from the Cave of Fates to gain an Irond, which is, of course,
the another single type. SO, actually, only two dual types. We'll see how this goes. This team has plenty of weaknesses for a smart game AI to exploit, so I should do just fine considering the state of this game's AI.

@Jayde: Do you remember talking about the confused switch mechanics in Manamon? After playing two of the Pokemon games, I can definitely see how the switch mechanics in Manamon are inferior. As near as I can tell, Pokemon's switch mechanics allow you toswitch out if you're facing someone who might be faster than you without necessarily taking damage, while Manamon's mechanics are based around nothing but raw speed. I guess that in his quest to create a whole new game that isn't quite a new game, Mr. Baker may have dropped some of the more useful mechanics in  the quest for some originality.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : windows via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : windows via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayri Tulumcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : windows via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayri Tulumcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayri Tulumcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fonografico2 via Audiogames-reflector