Re: Is entombed worth buying?

Hello all
Thanks for your thoughts.  I've been fiddling around with the demo and tried an elf necromancer and ice blast seems to work quite well.  I've noticed however that when targetting an enemy body part such as the head, it seems to not target every single time I atempt it.  I am holding down the 8 key on the number row and pressing enter.  I would understand if it would target a hand instead every so offen since I'm sure your accuracy stat matters here.
I have no problems installing and running the game on a windows xp laptop.
As a person who played all kinds of games with sighted friends from diablo to final fantasy, I definitely see what the developer was trying to do with making an audio dungeon crawler.  I give them 100% props for what they got right.  Luting enemies, searching for those few great items among tons of useless ones, random encounters of course and the ability to get destroyed with in the first few battles if you're not careful or new to the genre.
I also noticed the timing when using sapi vs jaws for example, I don't mind using sapi voices in games if other speech options don't work for some reason.
@Nocturnus I agree with you about the price thing, it would be nice if developers could drop the price of older games just as some mainstream places do.  I'm not even saying make them freeware here, I'm definitely willing to pay for a game even if I have to jump through some hoops to get it working on a particular OS, just include clear instructions if possible if that is the case.  At least now a days you can find some developers that have a small sale on a game every so offen although I've noticed that mostly in the IOS app store.
Sounds like we have both good and bad experiences with payment here.  I will be sure to contact the developer first before any money goes their way although I do have an account set up.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlindJay via Audiogames-reflector