Designing an Audio FPS

So as the title says, I'm trying to build an audio FPS.

I've watched a few clips on Youtube for ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YVvvPGKsA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ3B_wjqGnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR6EogQo6ok

I'm working on the main engine, so far it's a very early alpha build - you can move around, navigate to some extent and shoot an assault rifle. There is one enemy with limited AI, if he see's you he will hunt and shoot you, otherwise he stands still. As you start the game you can hear him breathing.
Damage isn't built in yet so neither of you take damage. Neither are weapon statistics such as fire rate, magazine capacity and reloading, bullet damage etc. Also needs more weapons adding.

I've added 3 beacons that can be turned on or off, they won't be in the final game, they're there just as a test for how well the navigation in the game works (or doesn't).

I've added quick direction keys (shift+arrows) to help orientate the player, also a voiced compass the gives co-ordinates and the direction you're facing.

Sound effects. I took advantage of the Black Friday sales and spent around $50 (£40) on sounds, thanks to Defender for pointing out the sales in the other thread.

If you want to try it out what I've done so far, the link is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfj2zlvpi … d.zip/file

Be sure to read the text file enclosed in the zip as it has all the keys explained.

Again, this is just a very early alpha, nowhere near a final game.

Things I want to add:

Mouse + WASD support, possibly support some gamepads.

A menu screen - whole game will be self voiced, you will be able to choose your loadout before starting from a wide choice of weapons and kit, I want weapons to be modifiable, e.g. adding silencers, scopes, foregrips etc. all having an affect on the weapon's performance.

Multiple enemies with AI that allows them to guard positions, patrol an area, search and actively hunt the player.

Possibly have a campaign mode with serveral missions to play through.

Offline multiplayer with bots - Deathmatch, Team deathmatch, Domination, CTF

Multiple difficulty levels.

A cover system of some sort and maybe be able to use terrain to your advantage.

Ambient sound that aids players in navigating the map.

Eventually I'd like to add multiplayer for deathmatch, team deathmatch, domination and ctf games.

Probably lots of other stuff I've forgotten.

As a side note, I'm sighted and building this using Clickteam Fusion 2.5 software, I apologise I can't add binaural sound as it doesn't support it.

Lastly, if I get this done and it turns out ok, it will be a free game, won't be charging a penny for it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector