friend possibly going to Turkey

Hey, I have a friend who is applying to study in Istanbul Turkey. He asked me if I knew anyone who lives there and could find someone who could tell him about what it's like for blind people there. I remember that at one point, this site had a number of active Turkish users. If anyone on here has anything to say to him, I am planning to send him the link to this page so he can read through what you have to say.