Re: I think I screwed up majorly regarding school

Yeah you'll probably want some sort of college degree for that, but a community college will probably be better for you anyway if your skillset isn't already huge to begin with. Granted I'm not sure how much you've learned since we last spoke in, what, 2019? Yeesh.
Also, even if you're able to get into a more high end college, consaider student loans, / weather or not family are willing / able to pay them for you. Do you honestly want to put in a shit load of work not only getting the grades necessary to get into a high end college, but also getting good degrees in said college, only to then end up going absolutely nowhere because you're swamped with student debt? A community college will, I think, mean that you'll be exempt from that particular problem at least, since I believe those are state funded. @Camlorn or anyone else from the states, feel free to set me straight if I'm incorrect on this.
Oh, and going back to the student debt thing. It's important to know that even if your grades turn out shit, or you drop out or whatever, you'll still have debt to pay. Probably a lot of it.