Re: what do I need to learn to be independent?

There are a lot of things to learn how to be independent and I think the most vital advice I can offer is, try and try. You might fail once or twice, but you will eventually learn what you need to do. That's how I learnt most of the things. Be not discouraged if you fail, remember that even sighted people fail like you, actually just as terribly as me or you sometimes. Actually, my brother spills more sugar than me when preparing a coffee. Living alone made me realise that I could do a lot of things, and that many things were easier than I thought. It's just that we need to try.
One problem while learning to do things is the presence of other people who will always be ready to help you and who will have the idea that while they are there, they should do whatever it might be there for you and you don't have to do that because you are blind. That might be a good indication for you to try learning things while you're alone at home, or making clear to your parents that you want to learn to do something on your own, and may be ask them to help you with learning. Honestly this was something that I didn't have to deal with because I had no one watching and I didn't care if I did everything right or wrong. I had to deal with cleaning spills, the toilet, sink,  vacuuming/mopping the floor, and many more.
Again, just try and I asure you you will learn so many things.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector