Persistent Conexant Audio Pop-up: I Need Help

Hi, all,

A few hours ago, I was on discord listening to someone stream Undead Assault. I wanted to join the voice channel, so I did. It took forever, but I finally got myself set up using my HyperX Revolver 1S headset, which has its own mic. This is a USB plug-and-play headset, that's a couple years old now. I use the headset every day, with absolutely no problems, but I haven't had occasion to use the mic in awhile, and it's detachable, so I've kept it detached when not in use.
Unfortunately, I'm now experiencing a little pop-up that's easy to dismiss, but which will come back one to two minutes later no matter what I do. It's labelled "Smart Audio", and it says:
A Conexant audio device could not be found. The application will now close.

I tried muting my laptop's internal mic to see if that would work, but it doesn't. I'm not used to mucking about with drivers, but am happy to do it if I have specific instructions. I'm just not sure what broke and how to fix it.

The only good news is that now my headset's mic works as soon as I plug it in and fire up Discord. But if this is the price I had to pay, it's...kind of annoying.

Looking for help in solving this problem. Whether it's disabling something, updating drivers, or finding some back-door hack, I'll take any and all advice. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

A note: I'm not a truly advanced computer user, but I'm not a novice. If your advice requires something funky like the registry, you'll just have to provide exact instructions; I can absolutely follow those and am not afraid to play around with scary things, because I'm careful.

Thanks in advance.