nintendo ds lite ui question

hello
I found a nintendo ds lite for something around 30 dollars, and as far as i know this thing is in good condition and thinking about getting it, but this console is japan region and sighted will not be able to help me to understand the ui. Can someone explain what this console can do and how? How to launch ds and gba games? And maybe other useful info what you want to share.