Re: New Alter Aeon Section on BSG

Without a doubt the Alter Aeon Official articles page has a lot more information, but this is not meant to be in competition with that, or a new place giving the same information. As it says all over the BSG section, this is meant for the new player. Someone who has never played Alter, or who tried but couldn't figure it out. I've talked with quite a few people who fall into the second category, and the point is to help with that. As with everything on BSG, it isn't made for the person who is experienced with a game, but for a new player, and helping them learn and enjoy a new game. This is why equipment goes up to around level 30, why there is a command listing, why the articles are all about learning something anyone who has been playing for a while would already know, and why I link back to alter everywhere I can so people can expand on game knowledge after they start playing.

Pretty recently I started playing for the first time, and it was also my first mud ever. Then I had some talks with others who had recently started for the first time, that is where the ideas for the section came from. Even now I'm getting messages about specific things and adding them, because I honestly feel that info that helps someone pick up a new game and enjoy it is a net positive for the game and for everyone as a whole. So yeah alteraeon.com has more, I would expect it to have more, hell I am guessing the wiki has more too, and it's why I include links for it in multiple places. I use the articles page quite a bit, and if it wasn't for the posts on warrioring I'd have been screwed after hitting the mainland. It isn't the point of BSG though, it is about introducing more people to games, and helping them get into the games they wouldn't otherwise have enjoyed because of a lack of info just for the new player.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Shadowfax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : togira ikonoka via Audiogames-reflector