Re: Accessible Board and Card Games!

Hi Joseph.

This does sound like a familiar process my parents and I did it for years and brailled such games as compatibility, various custom card games, and even at least in part atmosphere, though that one would have required custom braille and print cards to work sinse the cards themselves were too small to get all the braille on and often required specific instructions.

Talisman is a little harder because you have the central board, various cards with instructions, and then a hole bunch of extra board sections you can slot around the sides. It's something my brother and his friends play often and I've always fancied doing so, indeed there is currently sort of a major industry in fantasy board games, not as complex as miniature war games but still with sort of an rp element.

As to braille monopoly, well the chance and community chest cards have both print and braille on them. I'm not exactly sure why they didn't do this with the ca rds for each property, maybe  it is because the braille  rent values are larger than the print ones, or maybe it's just so that sighted players who are keeping the cards for the properties they own don't have the issue of the braille text.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector